This exotic, floral smelling oil has been used for years to improve high blood presser and ease shock and palpitations. Ylang ylang is also wildly used as an aphrodisiac and to ease stress, depression, fear and anger.
Ylang ylang oil is derived from the fresh flowers of the ylang ylang tree (Cananga Odorata),which is usually found in the rainforests of Asian and South Pacific islands like Indonesia, Philippines, Java, Sumatra, Comoro, and Polynesia.
There are several grades of ylang ylang essential oil sold in the market, but ylang ylang extra oil is considered to be the best among other varieties. Because it is the product of the first extraction, ylang ylang extra oil has the highest amount of esters and the sweetest scent.
Uses of Ylang Ylang Oil
Ylang Ylang oil helps relax the body and soul, and may be helpful for people suffering from insomnia, fatigue, and frigidity.
This essential oil has been proven to help regulate the production of sebum, an oily substance secreted by the sebaceous glands, to protect your hair and skin from drying out. It has many cosmetic uses, including:
- Maintaining skin moisture
- Clearing and healing acne
- Promoting hair growth
- Acting as a natural conditioning agent for your hair
Ylang ylang oil also has antimicrobial properties that can reduce skin irritation and redness.
Benefits of Ylang Ylang Oil
Ylang ylang oil can cure infections in the the stomach, intestines, colon, and urinary tract. Aside from that, using ylang ylang oil can allow you to reap the following benefits:
- Antidepressant for nervous breakdowns, acute depression, anxiety, sadness, and chronic stress
- Anti-seborrheic treatment for eczema
- Antiseptic to speed up the healing of wounds and infections and to avoid sepsis and tetanus
- Hypotensive to promote health blood pressure levels
- Nervine and sedative to soothe tension and bring a sense of calm